Login?

Post here with questions/answers about map, GPS, blog or Offroading Home technical issues.

Re: Login?

Postby HoserRZR » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:47 am

I replied to your email but will give a quick response here just in case others might encounter the same problem.

After I signed up and logged in the first time I typed in my user and password and checked the remember me option, then hours later when I returned to the site, I was logged out, the site only keeps your log in for so long then it expires.

When I came back the user name and password was blank again, no remembering my password I had to use the forgot your password option to retrieve it.

The remember password thing works on all sites I belong to so I have to assume its something here maybe a cookie setting is not set right? I wish I could be more help but I have never had this problem before and never messed with those settings so wont be much help.

I just went to the other Offroading Home test message board and it remembers my info, when the site loads in my browser I am already logged in, you might poke around in the admin settings and compare this site to that one to see if any of the settings for the log in or security is different?

Anybody else having a problem?

Hi ho hi ho its off to work I go and I am running late, more tonight...

Thanks for the site and everything you do!
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Re: Login?

Postby dj » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 am

@HoserRZR - I’m not sure how to respond. Are you saying that you forgot your password BUT that you then were able to have it “restored” or “reset” by the forum? In that case – it would sound like the forum DID remember your password. OR, are you saying that your browser didn’t remember it for you so it could automatically log in for you? In that case it would sound like it was on your end and whatever browser you were using didn’t ask if you wanted it to remember the password for you.

In either case – the fact that you posted your problem sounds like you did get back in ok. As you know, I'm using an open source forum program so don't have an intimate knowledge of all the settings yet. I'll keep looking around and let you know if there's a setting that I've missed. If you'd care to elaborate a bit more, that might help. At any rate, I'm glad you're back.
dj
Site Admin

Login?

Postby HoserRZR » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:02 pm

This site does not remember my log in info I just had to do the forgot password thing because I didnt remember what password I used to sign up, this is the only message board I belong to that does not remember my log in and password there has to be a setting some place not right ?
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Return to How Do I?