Havasu TMP Boundary?

Issues with BLMs Lake Havasu TMP

Re: Havasu TMP Boundary?

Postby HoserRZR » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:02 pm

dj wrote:I'm not sure from what you wrote what specifically you are asking for. The BLM supplied me with the coordinates for their TMP - which is what I have (black lines.) They did not send anything else, nor do I have anything else that I can "put" in the map.

If I were down there I would go into the BLM and ask for a face-to-face with both the TMP manager (McCoy) and the IT/mapping person who supplied me the maps. I would be asking for about everything they had in the way of kml and paper maps. Why don't you go into the office while you are there and see what you can get.

I plan on stopping by the office for sure, the last time I stopped there all they had to offer was the regular TOPO maps that are dated 1998.

I need to wrote down a list of questions I have for them too.

I am still upset over sending them a email asking for trail marker maps and was told they spent a whole day looking and had no maps showing the trails they have numbered I even sent them a picture.

I tried to do the right thing and stopped in the office before I went riding looking for some sort of map especially a boundary map like the black line you have on the closure map that way I knew if I was still in the BLM boundarys.

Still trying to figure out how they "manage" these lands on this trip I am finding signs that are so faded you can read them and finding some that the vegetation has grown up around them to the point you cant read them hard telling how many signs I have not seen in my travels, if I was the manager over the people in charge of maintaining things like the signs heads would roll, I know their might be a budget issue but these faded signs are 10 years past their life expectancy AND NOW the BLM wants to take on MORE task of closing trails?
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Re: Havasu TMP Boundary?

Postby dj » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm not sure from what you wrote what specifically you are asking for. The BLM supplied me with the coordinates for their TMP - which is what I have (black lines.) They did not send anything else, nor do I have anything else that I can "put" in the map.

If I were down there I would go into the BLM and ask for a face-to-face with both the TMP manager (McCoy) and the IT/mapping person who supplied me the maps. I would be asking for about everything they had in the way of kml and paper maps. Why don't you go into the office while you are there and see what you can get.
dj
Site Admin

Havasu TMP Boundary?

Postby HoserRZR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm

I noticed in your final map for the Havasu area you installed a black border that is the BLM boundary can you also add or even in a separate file add the adjacent BLM boundary so I know what and where they are I do not want to send the BLM trails that are outside of this boundary at this time for example a lot of the riding I did last year was south of the black boundary you put on the map, I will separate those trails and archive them for future use, the BLM will start closing trails in that area next so I am told. .

Any help on this would be great, is this something I can do myself?

It would be a very useful tool if the BLM provided these files so I could download them and upload to my GPS so I knew where I was when riding.

Thanks again.
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Return to Havasu