Great Basin SUV Trails: Southwest Nevada map, Need Info

Discuss trails from OffroadingHome.blogspot.com

Re: Great Basin SUV Trails: Southwest Nevada map, Need Info

Postby HoserRZR » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 am

davidsonlaw wrote:HoserRZR,

I've taken my Jeep on each of these roads, they are great hopping off points for hiking. However, you should be really careful with ATVs, as all three of these roads are in the Black Canyon Wilderness Area, and if you take a mechanized vehicle (including pedal powered bikes) off of the road, there is the potential for big fines and other problems.

Thanks for the info, great advice I always stay on established trails unless I know for fact the area is a "OPEN" area meaning you can ride any place you want like being at Glamis (Imperial Sand Dunes) with the exception of the closed areas you can ride any place you like, or Standard Wash just South of Lake Havasu City has a small "open riding" area but its surrounded by trails and areas that are not "open".

I strongly suggest everybody check to see what is allowed before riding in any area there is many places that do not allow you to get off established trails.

If you have any more info and or pictures please share.

Tread Lightly.

Thanks again.
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Postby davidsonlaw » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:52 pm

HoserRZR,

I've taken my Jeep on each of these roads, they are great hopping off points for hiking. However, you should be really careful with ATVs, as all three of these roads are in the Black Canyon Wilderness Area, and if you take a mechanized vehicle (including pedal powered bikes) off of the road, there is the potential for big fines and other problems.
davidsonlaw
New Offroader

Postby HoserRZR » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:40 pm

So has anybody rode any of these trails for my fall trip I would like to check out as many of these as I can and I need to know what trails I can access by ATV.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Great Basin SUV Trails: Southwest Nevada map, Need Info

Postby HoserRZR » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:58 pm

I was looking at the ATV trails on the Great Basin SUV Trails: Southwest Nevada map (Thanks DJ another great write up) and was wondering what lands these trails are on, BLM, State, Forestry etc. ?

Reason why I am asking is I want to check out some of these trails like Boy Scout Canyon, Canyon Point Mesa, Rt 58-A I was wondering where a good place to park and primitive camp is.

Also when viewing the map on Google Earth it looks like their is other trails in the area is it ok to just jump on these trails and go, any restrictions? It looks to me that their is 100's of miles of smaller trails that branch out off these 3 listed ATV trails.

Any info welcome.

Thanks in advance.
HoserRZR
Site Admin

Return to Trail Discussions