Moab 4WD Backroads: Northwest - Part 1

Recent Posts: Summary and Link - If you have comments, leave them on the blog page; if you have questions or problems, use an email.
Forum rules
Blog posts are listed here for informational purposes only - any comments or questions should be placed over in the blog.

Moab 4WD Backroads: Northwest - Part 1

Postby dj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:53 pm

When someone sends me a book full of offroad trails it's a bit difficult for me not to want to create a Google Earth map to go along with it as I analyze it for possible rides. Such is the case with a book which I recieved as a donation some months back: "Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells, published by FunTreks.

I've mentioned his books before in relation to the various types of "difficulty ratings" found between various sources. There are 58 trails described in this book, all given difficulty ratings of: Easy, Moderate, Difficult or Extreme, and all found within close proximity to Moab in Utah's "Canyonlands." Arches National Park is in the area in case you were wondering.

Some of the trails are part of the Easter Jeep Safari held every year down that way which draws hundreds of "jeepers" from all over the country. Therefore the trails in his book are sort of based upon "street legal" vehicles; but, in most cases a little review will enable you to decide upon a slightly different trailhead which circumvents paved roads and will allow you to ride an ATV.

Read the full post at: http://offroadinghome.blogspot.com/2010/11/moab-4wd-backroads-northwest-part-1.html
Any comments about these posts should be made over on the Offroading Home Blog.
dj
Site Admin

Return to Over On Offroading Home: The Blog